How Do I Get A Certified Copy Of Court Records?

Many folks find themselves in need of certified copies of Court records for pending employment, licenses, or government applications. The best and quickest way to get your “official records” is to send a letter directly to the clerk of the Criminal Division of the Court where your case was heard and include a check ” not to exceed $50.00″ to cover the cost of certification.  Include the case number if you have it, or your full name, drivers license number, social security number, date of birth, etc…

Most Courts, such as Los Angeles charge a minimum of $25 to certify records and a cost per page of the records, an additional $5.00 if you do not have the case number. Include a self addressed stamped envelope with you return address.

Here is a sample of a request you can use:

Dear clerk of the Criminal Court,
I am requesting a certified copy of my case record or “docket”.
Enclosed is a check not to exceed $50.00 to cover the costs.
Please mail the case docket in the self addressed stamped envelope enclosed, your prompt reply is appreciated as the records are necessary for a pending license.

Here is a link to the specific addresses of the Courts in Los Angeles:

About thetorranceattorney

Matthew Ruff is a Torrance criminal defense attorney located near the 405 freeway on Crenshaw Blvd. Focusing on DUI and serious criminal cases for over twenty five years. In addition to criminal cases, Matthew also defends clients at the DMV regarding license suspension hearings stemming from drunk driving arrests.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s