Torrance Bail Information

Anyone arrested on a criminal case has a right to bail. In many cases the accused has the right to request that bail be lowered or that they be released without bail. To do so the individual or their attorney can contact a bail deviation commissioner and request a reduction of bail or an O.R. Release.

Here is the information required to make such a request:
The Bail Deviation Program may request certain information in evaluating a bail deviation request, including, but not limited to: (1) the name, address, and telephone number of the person seeking the deviation and relationship to the defendant; (2) name and booking number of the defendant; (3) charge(s) on which the defendant is being held; (4) date and time of arrest; (5) address and telephone number of the jail or station at which the defendant is being held; (6) date, time and court location for the defendant’s arraignment; (7) the defendant’s age, marital status, length of residence in the community, employment history, and community ties; (8) the defendant’s prior criminal record; and (9) any facts justifying the requested deviation.

A lawyer can make the request on behalf of the person in custody. In many cases bail can be lowered if the person has no criminal record.

About thetorranceattorney

Matthew Ruff is a Torrance criminal defense attorney located near the 405 freeway on Crenshaw Blvd. Focusing on DUI and serious criminal cases for over twenty five years. In addition to criminal cases, Matthew also defends clients at the DMV regarding license suspension hearings stemming from drunk driving arrests.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s