It is Possible to be Charged and Convicted of Driving on a Suspended License Without Ever Having Been Issued a License

It may seem counterintuitive, but you do not need to have been issued a California License to be convicted of VC14601.  Everday the law convicts persons who do not actually possess a drivers license in as much as they were never issued a license from the DMV yet they have done some act which has caused their privilege to drive to be suspended, the key word here is privlilege.  In California driving is considered a privilege.  The typical scenario is as follows:  John Doe does not have a license.  He goes out and gets a DUI.  His privilege to drive will then be suspended.  If he were to go out and drive after the suspension he can and will be convicted of driving on a suspended license aka. driving while his privilege to drive was suspended.  In California this is a misdemeanor offense which carries possible jail time.  A Driving on a suspended license attorney can help the individual to get a license and thereafter go to Court and try to get the criminal charge dropped or reduced, oftentimes to an infraction or a charge which does not carry jail or points on the DMV record

About thetorranceattorney

Matthew Ruff is a Torrance criminal defense attorney located near the 405 freeway on Crenshaw Blvd. Focusing on DUI and serious criminal cases for over twenty five years. In addition to criminal cases, Matthew also defends clients at the DMV regarding license suspension hearings stemming from drunk driving arrests.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to It is Possible to be Charged and Convicted of Driving on a Suspended License Without Ever Having Been Issued a License

  1. Mandy says:

    You would obtain the nonensidert license, by going to Hawaii’s insurance department website, and following the directions there. Hawaii is a reciprocal state. So all you need is your letter of clearance from CA, and pay a fee, and you get your nonensidert producer license. Very easy.If you change your legal residence to Hawaii, you have to get a resident license. You can’t legally live IN Hawaii, and have a NONresident license there. You’d have to change your CA license to nonensidert, after you switched your HI license to resident. It’s not so much about your driver’s license it’s about where you’re registered to vote and filing taxes.But you’ll have a darned hard time getting HI auto insurance, with a CA driver’s license and you won’t be able to get HI tags for a car without an HI auto insurance policy.You have to pick a state, effectively, and live THERE legally, even if you go back and forth a lot between the two.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s