How to Request a DMV Hearing for a DUI Arrest

Anyone arrested for a DUI in the South Bay can expect to get a notice of suspension as part of the paperwork handed to you when you are released from jail.  But how do you fight the suspension?  What can be done to avoid the DMV taking your license?  These are legitimate questions that run through the mind of anyone facing a drunk driving charge.  Here is the 411 on what to do.  First, call the El Segundo Driver Safety Office at 310-615-3500 during regular business hours.  Tell the person that answers that you want an APS hearing, give only your DL number and date of arrest, nothing more!  You may want to consider hiring a lawyer to represent you since the statistics for people without attorneys are less than one percent success rate.  Call a DUI lawyer in your area to get advice before doing anything else.  One source is Attorney Mathew Ruff he handles all DUI cases, his number is 310-527-4100.

About thetorranceattorney

Matthew Ruff is a Torrance criminal defense attorney located near the 405 freeway on Crenshaw Blvd. Focusing on DUI and serious criminal cases for over twenty five years. In addition to criminal cases, Matthew also defends clients at the DMV regarding license suspension hearings stemming from drunk driving arrests.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s